• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips disappear from the timeline and appear in the browser without synchronization

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm quite worry because it is happening to me something quite strange:

In my timeline, suddenly disappear clips. When I look for them in the browser I find these clips synchronized ("merged") and so should be, but it shows the sound icon only and doing double click is not seen or heard nothing.

Bone overview, I have clips to:

-They disappear from my sequence.

-At the same time, they disappear from the browser.

- Instead, I find clips with combined audio and the audio icon. I double click and you don't see or hear anything. It is "empty".

It must be a bug or something since I am not doing anything out of the ordinary.

Please, does anyone know how to fix it? also happens to someone?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue many times, and have like you noone replys to any posts about it.

One thing you have not mentioned, is that if you look at the length of the effected clips, they will appear to be negative one frame in length. It will also only happen to merged clips.

What i think is happening is somehow premiere is removing the contents of a merged clip. If you command click a merge clip you can see its contents. Those waveform clips in you timeline will have nothing inside them.

If you want to replicate the symptoms of this bug, you can command clip into a merged clip and deleted the audio and video contents.

The worst part about this bug is that it is very hard to describe and therefore search out a problem. Oh and it also will delete all instances of the affected merged clip from all sequences in your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First of all excuse my english.

I actually did solve it, but I haven't had the time to report it to premiere until today.

It seems to be a bug that consist in when you use the search window (the folder with the magnifying glass) and you type in (for example) the name of a clip, and THEN YOU REMOVE this search folder from the browser, because you don't need it anymore, so in the moment of deleting this folder from your browser is when the shit happens!!!!

In that moment (if it's a merged clip only) you lose it and you are only able to see an icon with the audiowaveform but with nothing inside. And the worst of all is that you loose this clip from all you sequence/timelines. SO it's a nightmare really.

Conclusion: Not using the search folder until premiere fix it or change to avid to have a more estable software. For me using premiere has been a nightmare because so many bugs, and paying! A joke...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved me a lot of time. Thank you so much for updating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your timeline should still be saved in the Project Window - look for it towards the top, it should be the oldest file there, double click it, and you should be rescued.

This video explains how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaTpR-PyxgY 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines