Clips have compression artifacts after rotation despite using maximum render quality

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot a bunch of video on my phone in UHD 30FPS (16:9 3840x2160) but because I forgot to lock rotation, some of the video was recorded in landscape (2160x3840).

I imported the clips into Premiere, used the source video as the settings, then changed the resolution to 3840x2160 and rotated the video appropriately. I rendered with H.264, Match Source - High Bitrate, and I checked "Use Maximum Render Quality"

Resulting clips were significantly smaller ex: 203MB to 44MB and when I looked at them they had significant compression artifacts that videos I shot at the same time, with the same settings but did not need rotation didn't. Most obvious is gradient banding on the sky but motion blur looks fuzzy too. Any ideas?

Windows 10 Premiere Pro 10 2020 14.5.0 build S1

Intel i5-4590, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 970

Error message at startup that I have an unsupported Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver but attempts to install the fix failed and according to other users this shouldn't be a big deal

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clips have compression artifacts after rotation despite using maximum render quality

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot a bunch of video on my phone in UHD 30FPS (16:9 3840x2160) but because I forgot to lock rotation, some of the video was recorded in landscape (2160x3840).

I imported the clips into Premiere, used the source video as the settings, then changed the resolution to 3840x2160 and rotated the video appropriately. I rendered with H.264, Match Source - High Bitrate, and I checked "Use Maximum Render Quality"

Resulting clips were significantly smaller ex: 203MB to 44MB and when I looked at them they had significant compression artifacts that videos I shot at the same time, with the same settings but did not need rotation didn't. Most obvious is gradient banding on the sky but motion blur looks fuzzy too. Any ideas?

Windows 10 Premiere Pro 10 2020 14.5.0 build S1

Intel i5-4590, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 970

Error message at startup that I have an unsupported Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver but attempts to install the fix failed and according to other users this shouldn't be a big deal

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 11, 2021 0

Have something to add?