Highlighted

Clips in exported video have different IN/OUT points than in Premiere timeline?

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

I am once again having a very weird issue with my Premiere Pro, this time with exporting a 4k video. It seems as if the IN/OUT points of a few clips got out of alignment - they are not the same in the timeline within PremierePro as in the final exported video. 2 clips are problematic, both from DJI Mavic2Pro drone, proxies.

I cannot explain this in words, so I've put these 5sec clips on YouTube to try and explain:

1. Fall in the water - Premiere Pro timeline, all is good, girl falls into the water;
  2. Exported video - no fall in water?;
  3. Terrace to drone shot, speed ramp - Premiere Pro timeline, speed-ramp present and works;
  4. Exported video - no speed ramp, very weird shot;

If it matters, the whole edit is about a minute and some 15sec., nothing fancy:

• video track;
  • color grade layer;
  • music track;
  • sound design track;
  • shot on Fuji XT3 in log profile to ProRes on Atomos NINJA V;
  • DJI Mavic2pro also shot in Log profile, h.265 codec, ProRes proxies created;

Any ideas what might be wrong here?

Many, many thanks!

P.S. When exporting, I was unable to choose Hardware encoding, only software... even though I have a relatively new PC, i9 processor, Vega64 graphics card, etc. Anything related?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clips in exported video have different IN/OUT points than in Premiere timeline?

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

I am once again having a very weird issue with my Premiere Pro, this time with exporting a 4k video. It seems as if the IN/OUT points of a few clips got out of alignment - they are not the same in the timeline within PremierePro as in the final exported video. 2 clips are problematic, both from DJI Mavic2Pro drone, proxies.

I cannot explain this in words, so I've put these 5sec clips on YouTube to try and explain:

1. Fall in the water - Premiere Pro timeline, all is good, girl falls into the water;
  2. Exported video - no fall in water?;
  3. Terrace to drone shot, speed ramp - Premiere Pro timeline, speed-ramp present and works;
  4. Exported video - no speed ramp, very weird shot;

If it matters, the whole edit is about a minute and some 15sec., nothing fancy:

• video track;
  • color grade layer;
  • music track;
  • sound design track;
  • shot on Fuji XT3 in log profile to ProRes on Atomos NINJA V;
  • DJI Mavic2pro also shot in Log profile, h.265 codec, ProRes proxies created;

Any ideas what might be wrong here?

Many, many thanks!

P.S. When exporting, I was unable to choose Hardware encoding, only software... even though I have a relatively new PC, i9 processor, Vega64 graphics card, etc. Anything related?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try deleting your preference, that's something to try when things are whacky. Before that, try deleting your cache files:

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
Close PP - It will create any needed cache files on the fly as you edit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this footage have variable framerate?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, most of the footage was shot in 23.976, some of it in 60p for slo-mo and finally, drone shots were all done at 30p (I slow these down to 80% in my 24p timeline).

When I import media I always conform all appropriate footage to the frame rate of timeline in which I intend to edit (for me, that is mostly 23.976).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0