• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips in sequence stutter

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update, I now have a specific clip in my sequence that does a weird stutter. Best way to describe it is: 2 frames forward, 1 frame back. Its only to this single clip. The source file plays back just fine, in several other programs, but not in premiere pro after the update. Everything about it is the exact same as other clips in the sequence (fps, audio rate, etc). I tried to remove the clip, and re-insert it, even removing it from the library and putting it back and yet I still have the same issue. I tried renaming it, in premiere and on the source file. Literally nothing has changed except that premiere updated. I'm out of ideas and this is holding up the entire project. Even when I export it, it plays back stuttering as well, but only the single effected clip.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it potentially a VFR issue? Is it from a phone or screen capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now doing it to literally any file that I import, in any new project, or pre-existing. The OS (win10) is a fresh install, all drivers up to date. Premiere is unusable now. I'm about to go to DaVinci Resolve over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These were videos taken in Nvidia ShadowPlay.

bit.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, premiere is destroying my RAM on a 17 second video....

premiere 17s clip.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of videos that have varied framerates, but its only effecting videos imported after the update, and one pre-existing clip. The clip in question was brought in the timeline again as a fresh import, and still only stuttered at the same time frame as before, though the source plays fine. The latest version also causes my RAM to max out (12-14Gb use) when importing, even into a fresh project. I reverted back to 14.4 and I'm having less issues with stuttering, but the original clip is still doing it while imported clips (even the same source clip as the stuttering one) are now fine. I really can't make heads or tails on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Phillip is pointing you in the right direction. Game captures are often Variable Frame Rate, which causes problems in Pr. Handbrake is a 3rd-party app that can convert VFR footage into CFR footage (Constant Frame Rate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines