Highlighted

Clips not full length on timeline

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New and weird, but when I drop clips onto the timeline, they don't go full length, but instead show only a random section.

You can imagine my alarm when my 20-minute recording was only showing the last few minutes!

Of course the solution was to drag out the rest of the clip, which had been trimmed down for no obvious reason.

*I was working with nested sequences at the time.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davidarbor | Adobe Community Professional

It sounds like an in/out range was set on your clip. If you open the clip in the Source monitor, do you see a range set? If so, you either did this in the Source monitor originally, or you could have even done it via the Project panel if you have the "Video In" and "Video Out" columns visible. 

TOPICS
Editing, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clips not full length on timeline

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New and weird, but when I drop clips onto the timeline, they don't go full length, but instead show only a random section.

You can imagine my alarm when my 20-minute recording was only showing the last few minutes!

Of course the solution was to drag out the rest of the clip, which had been trimmed down for no obvious reason.

*I was working with nested sequences at the time.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davidarbor | Adobe Community Professional

It sounds like an in/out range was set on your clip. If you open the clip in the Source monitor, do you see a range set? If so, you either did this in the Source monitor originally, or you could have even done it via the Project panel if you have the "Video In" and "Video Out" columns visible. 

TOPICS
Editing, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 1
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be the ticket. The Video In and Video Out are set if I open up the view in the Project window. How very strange!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fast way to clear all in-out points that have been set to your footage: select all the clips in the Project window, select from the markers menu: Markers > Clear in and out 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0