• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips not snapping with my marker/pin...

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm editing in the timeline, I am trying to sync my video with the beats in my audio.. But every time i drag the end of my video clip to my pin or marker it goes slightly past it and I can never get it to just snap/land or match up with where I have my pin set. And yes I have switched my session to 'audio time units' and I have been messing with the snap tool and cant seem to get it to work correctly.. I have never had this problem and it is really frustrating. Thanks for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a question, but I assume you're asking how to sync more precisely the audio and video.

Are you zoomed into the timeline all the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i know, It was hard for me to try and explain this issue.

The video clips in my session wont let me move it around freely, instead (even though i have turned 'snap' on and off and messed with the 'audio time unit' markers) it still snaps past where I want to set my video clip to go every time.

I guess my main question is that I'm just trying to move my video files freely without having it get locked or stuck to the grid, how do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video is made up of frames. That's the smallest unit possible to move your video. If you're zoomed into the timeline all the way, you're seeing those individual frames, which is why moving the clip seems to "jump".

But if you're zoomed in all the way, being on the right frame is as close as you can get.

If you need to get very precise, you can use the playhead to designate an exact spot for the beginning or end of your clip. When you drag it, your clip will snap right to the playhead's position. I use that to get extremely precise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my problem, my video clip wont snap to my playhead even if I have the 'snap' mode turned on or off...  I dont know why it is doing this.. It will extend past my playhead or stop a little bit before the playhead; I can never line it up exactly with my playhead.

I appreciate the reply/help btw!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, if you are zoomed all of the way into your timeline, a video frame is the smallest element of a video. You can use your playhead to precisely position your frame. You really can't get more precise than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Elements have Audio Time Units? If not then this is a Premiere Pro question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my... I didnt realize I was in Elements forum section...

Yes I'm operating out of Premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to adjust the audio to the video.

Video can only be moved frame by frame as audio up to  1/48000 per second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't help you here, Jarod. I'll move your topic to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this can I help, I had an issue that when I marked the video clip and marked the audio clip, both markers didnt snap anymore. I solved it. So maybe you put to markers really close to each other on the same track, so it didn't snap to one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press 'S' to turn on and off snap in timeline. That fixed my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hero! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you right click on the timeline and Show Audio Time Units. It will help zoom in on the audio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines