Highlighted

Clips or animated photos start to stutter after a while

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem does not happen frequently but often enough to be annoying and it is related to both individal clips in a timeline or animted photos and does happen over time and not from the get go.

Usually the troubled parts of my clip have a perfect preview and even when I render the clip there is no problem with them. However after working a while on other parts of the clip and without any adjustments to the problem clips they would start to stutter. The stutter is not bad just slightly but still noticable. When it starts it can be seen in the preview as well as the rendered movie. Again, I haven't touched or adjusted the clips when the problem starts.

I tried to delete the preview files on the drive and have the project rerender a new preview but the problems remains.

Anybody has a solution for me? Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clips or animated photos start to stutter after a while

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem does not happen frequently but often enough to be annoying and it is related to both individal clips in a timeline or animted photos and does happen over time and not from the get go.

Usually the troubled parts of my clip have a perfect preview and even when I render the clip there is no problem with them. However after working a while on other parts of the clip and without any adjustments to the problem clips they would start to stutter. The stutter is not bad just slightly but still noticable. When it starts it can be seen in the preview as well as the rendered movie. Again, I haven't touched or adjusted the clips when the problem starts.

I tried to delete the preview files on the drive and have the project rerender a new preview but the problems remains.

Anybody has a solution for me? Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  Does the problem persist when you export the file?  By any chance are any of your sources from screen recordings or smartphones?  If so, the issue may be that some of your clips have a variable frame rate.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-premiere-pro/...

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system:

- Window 10

- Premiere Version 14.5.0

- 16GB  RAM

- Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080

- Intel Core i7-7700k 4.2GHz

- Source 1: iphone video with variable frame rate, full HD 1080

- Source 2: still phone animated through FX controll in Premiere Pro

- yes, the same stuttering occurs when the movie is exported

So while maybe the variable frame rate might be an issue with the video, why would a still photo be stuttering. the picture is simply flying through the screen using keyframes and the position setting.

Also, please keep in mind it all worked fine until some point in the editing process it started to have problems. I exported the video just fine without any stuttering a few times before the problem started.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe clear out the cache and double check your scratch disk to make sure it has lots of space. Sounds like a caching issue (set and retrieve)... not sure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your proposal and delted the cache. The scratch disk has 61GB available.

Interesting the enough, after deleting the cache, the problem has now spread to other areas of the clip. More animated pictures are not choppy. It made it acually worse.

The stuttering is onlyl very slightly, not bad at all but I do notice it in the video flow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made any attempt to address the variable framerate of the iPhone video? It's usually bad enough on phone video as to make it into export.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not yet adressed the VFR issue. I do understand, that this might be causing trouble. However the much simpler animated picture which has no frame rate (other than the frame rate of the sequence) is for me the key. To adress the VFR issue might fix my phone videos but it will not fix the animated picture. So I want to focus on fixing this first as I have the feeling it will help with everything else. If you can help me adress this issue I would appreciate that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the manifestations of vfr are hard to predict and although I agree that it seems unlikely that it's the vfr material, there's an easy way to check.  Try putting the animation in a new sequence and see if you're having the issues.  If not, maybe you should try and fix the vfr material.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0