Highlighted

Clips randomly slipping within 'holder' on timeline, in/out points shifted

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently re-opened a project and noticed that random clips in a sequence have randomly shifted/slipped, within the 'shell' that holds them on the timeline. The clip durations, positions, keyframes etc. on the timeline are unchanged and correct BUT the clips now start and finish at incorrect points. The amount of shift is random, sometimes 10 frames, sometimes more. The video and audio are still in sync. When I try opening older saved backups of the project, the same thing has happened.To fix it, I then need to go through and adjust each clip, trying to remember where the original In and Out points were, and re-positioning all the keyframes for volume etc. Help!!

The only change I have made is that, around the same time, I moved the entire project folder from one internal drive to another internal drive, (due to storage limitations). The project was originally created in an older version of Premier from Jan 2017.

Windows 7.0

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz, 16GB memory, 64-bit OS

Premiere Pro CC v12.0

Any help gratefully received!

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clips randomly slipping within 'holder' on timeline, in/out points shifted

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently re-opened a project and noticed that random clips in a sequence have randomly shifted/slipped, within the 'shell' that holds them on the timeline. The clip durations, positions, keyframes etc. on the timeline are unchanged and correct BUT the clips now start and finish at incorrect points. The amount of shift is random, sometimes 10 frames, sometimes more. The video and audio are still in sync. When I try opening older saved backups of the project, the same thing has happened.To fix it, I then need to go through and adjust each clip, trying to remember where the original In and Out points were, and re-positioning all the keyframes for volume etc. Help!!

The only change I have made is that, around the same time, I moved the entire project folder from one internal drive to another internal drive, (due to storage limitations). The project was originally created in an older version of Premier from Jan 2017.

Windows 7.0

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz, 16GB memory, 64-bit OS

Premiere Pro CC v12.0

Any help gratefully received!

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue and it's extremely frustrating. I have an unsupported graphics card (Nvidia GTX 820M) on my Dell Inspiron 14. I am assuming this is the cause for the issues but if there's a fix to this problem I would like to know. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0