• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close Caption problems . . . unable to export embedded MXF OP1a

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close Caption problems . . . unable to export embedded MXF OP1a . . . each time I select "embed" it creates a side car . . . works for ProRes but not MXF.

Appreciate any help.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having this problem. What specific dot vesion of PR are you using? Post a screenshot of your export settings.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 10.42.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-22 at 9.31.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.34.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. How are you judging that the captions did not embed? You can look at it in MediaInfo, or reimport it to PR with the option to import embedded captions selected.

The .xmp is not a caption sidecar file. It is always exported with mxf.

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh . . . well I assumed that the files saying SIDECAR was exacatly that . . . and for some reason my first attempt did not have it . . . ATTACHED . . .  just did another test . . . and per meidainfo . . . looks like it does have it?  I assume the TEXT line means that it has captions?Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.12.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.13.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another way to check is to import the exported file into Premiere and see if the captions track is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the text line with EIA-608 shows 608 closed captions.

FYI, The "tree" view in MediaInfo is easier to read.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines