• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Caption - Burn Captions into Video not working.

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating interal training videos and have been asked to include CC. However I select the Burn into Video option, but when video after exporting the captions are not showing.

I am relatively new to Premiere Pro and just want to get some help as I am having no luck with CC at all.

Thanks in advance for your help and advise.

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the 2020 PR version? A problem with this was fixed. A workaround for this in earlier versions is exporting directly from PR and not queing to AME.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on 2020 CC and have made several attempts to burn them in to the video.  I am not sure I understand what you are saying about not queing to AME. If you could explain just a bit more, as I am newer to the program.

Below are the details about the version I have:

PPROVersion.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. In the export settings dialogue, be sure you select the Caption tab and select "burn in."

Ignore my comment export queue vs export.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan, this is exactly what I have done, however upon viewing the exported video there are no captions on the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your Caption Panel (with the caption stream selected in the timeline) and of your Export settings dialogue, including the summary at the top.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue...the captions don't show on the output video.

I've attached a photo where you can see the export set up...as well as the Premiere work space.  Note that in the export view the captions don't show..but they do in the workspace.

As you can see from the photo I've selected Burn Captions into Video.

Ideas?export captions.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate.

Does the captions match the resolution of the sequence? Mine does not.

Change them to Open Captions and adjust the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific dot version of PR are you running? I am still on 14.3.0. The primary related to this was fixed by 14.0.0.

I was not able to replicate the problem. I was able to see 608 and 708 captions in the export preview window in 2 conditions: 1) sequence 1920x1080, 708 stream at 640x480 widescreen and 2) sequence 3840x2160, 608 stream at same size.

It did not matter whether I had the correct stream turned on in the program viewer. It did matter whether I had the export viewer showing the correct frames.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issues, 3 years later. I have open captions - matched to my sequence setting - and when I select 'burn captions into video' nothing happens. I am using v14.0.3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem so ended up sending it to Adobe Media Encoder and it Burned in the Captions @Luc331939601tbv 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread before the new caption workflow.

@tonywaghorn,

Thanks for reporting.

What version are you running? I don't recall recent reports of captions not burning in, closed captions or otherwise.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running 2023 - 23.6 - Will update to 24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issues, 3 years later. I have open captions - matched to my sequence setting - and when I select 'burn captions into video' nothing happens. I am using v14.0.3. 

By @Luc331939601tbv

Might want to consider upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines