• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Caption CEA-708 Service 1 total FAILURE to show in Program Monitor. Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premier Pro 14.8.0 (Build 39) and TRYING to use the Closed Caption version CEA-708 Service 1. Closed Caption Total Failure using CEA-708: there is NOTHING showing up in my Program Monitor. Close Captions "enabled" (click on wrench icon) and setting there match the Closed Caption. Any suggestions???? 

I'm using an HP Omen laptop with NVIDA GTX 1060, 32 Gig system Ram, Intel Core i7 8th gen.

FILM CLIP in Timeline info:

File type: .MOV
Size: 3840x2160
Frame Rate: 60 fps
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Video Codec type: HEVC 4:2:0
Varible Frame Rate Detected.

Graphic Card: (Graphic Card driver updated also ver 461.09).

Close Caption Properties:
File type: Captions
Size: 640x480
Frame Rate: 60 fps
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.2121
Alphs: Straight Alpha

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you seeing the frame rate and par of the caption? My test framerate is different, but I can see CEA 708 640x480 fine in a 4k sequence. Also PR 14.8.

How did you create the caption stream?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not fully understand your questions and statement.

"Par of the caption"?

The frame rate of my footage is found using right-click/properties.

Frame rate for both footage and Close Caption are set to 60fps.

I opened another project that had 1280x720 and tried CEA 708 and it worked!

But the 4k, 60fps (iPhone 11 Pro Max footage using FiLMiC Pro app at "filmic extreme 120 mbps) project still does NOT work with CEA 708 as indicated in my original post.

Going to try another, new 4K 60fps project (a new one) and see if I can get Close Caption 708 on that tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: created the Capton stream the same way they show on YouTube videos. Same steps. Same selections and options, but failure to see Closed Captions 708 Service 1 on Program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I missed this before. You list the properties of your video file. What is relevant for captions appearing (or not) is the SEQUENCE setting. What is it?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I set up closed caption I most of the time have to interprete the file to 708 as it has been set to teletext.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines