• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captions - Converting a .srt to a 608 caption in order to get embedded QT

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an hour plus sales video that needs closed captioning.  I used speedscriber to transcribe and create a .srt file.  I have adjusted and fixed all the captions, created a final srt and mp4, and created a burned in version.  However, the client might want a QT with embedded captions as well.  Is there a way to convert this .srt file into a 608 caption so that I can do that?  I have been testing and not able to figure out a way.  If not, is the only other option starting from the beginning to create a new 608 caption file?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Export the Open Caption stream as .srt. Select the stream in the Project Panel, then File -> Export -> Captions. Then in the Caption Panel use the Import Settings button to override and import .srt as 608. That should do it.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the Open Caption stream as .srt. Select the stream in the Project Panel, then File -> Export -> Captions. Then in the Caption Panel use the Import Settings button to override and import .srt as 608. That should do it.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan, I am still having this issue and not seeing the option to embed in the export! Further steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PR? Captions changed dramatically in the newest: PR 2021.

What type export file? You can only embed in quicktime and mxf op1a.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan,

Im using 14.3.2

Im exporting MXF OP1A for broadcasting.

The current workflow is importing my SRT file, creating a second 608 file in PR and manually copying the SRT for every hour show we have for Fox sports.

If there was a workout this that would be life saving.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see why you would have an issue.

Screenshots might help: caption panel, timeline.

Was this working for you before?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan,

Im using 14.3.2

Im exporting MXF OP1A for broadcasting.

The current workflow is importing my SRT file, creating a second 608 file in PR and manually copying every caption from SRT onto a new 608. Note it would be great if it were only short files but its for an hour show we have for Fox sports.

If there was a workout this that would be life saving.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works!  Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines