• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captions Standard for Australia Help

Explorer ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm from Australia and finishing a project that won't be broadcast on TV but only used on social media platforms. What standard should I make the captions?

Caption standard options in Premier CC are -

CEA-608

CEA-708

Teletext

Open Subtitling

Open Captioning

I will export a separate .srt file that can be linked by the client and would like some advice on which standard is best for my area.

Thanks,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jason,

For social media usage (such as Facebook and YouTube) we've found CEA-708 was the go. When exporting out you have the option to generate an SRT file.

Open captions look nicer within Premiere as you can adjust how the font/text looks, but you can't generate an SRT this way.

Cheers,

- James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an "Australian" option which is subtitles which is used for commercial broadcasts in Australia. Open captioning (SRT file) might not be supported and CEA-708 captions are has glitches so it's best to use CEA-608 captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any difference in how social media captioning works in Australia? Curious.

When this thread was new (May 2018, still PR 2018), Australian captions had been added as an option, and for PR 2019, Australian OP4T2 was added. But these may be relevant only for broadcast.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines