• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed captions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello im looking for an easy way to export side car caption file that follows the set in and out sequence in my premiereproject ...now it just exports from start of the projectsequence ...wich offsets it to my video. 

Tried *setting start timecode *toggling timecode status *setting start o programme. Nothing hapoens and nothin works. 

Its an easy thing i want to do, just want it to follow the in and out sequenced i set ..so it ofcourse is aligned with the video.

Regards, joel tech at rdm

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PR? There was a major change in the caption workflow in the newest PR 2021.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting. I have not tried this.

The good news: the sidecar exported by File -> Export -> Media does export only the captions in the in/out section.

The not so good news: there appears to be no control over the timecodes exported in the side car. They are the timecodes for the caption track - which are the same as the whole sequence.

Workaround: use something like SubtitleEdit. Open the srt in SubtitleEdit. Video -> "Set video offset," and apply a negative value. For example, in my quick test, the sequence in point occurred at 4;33 (In a 59.94 sequence). The srt export uses milliseconds, not frames. The video in point in milliseconds converts to 4,550. So that is the offset. It doesn't actually matter, but the first caption after the in point occurred at 5;29, which in the srt was 5,488. Save that file as the srt to use.

You say "closed captions," and this may depend on what type of playback option you are looking for.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey, seems like travelling the world to get around the corner.

My fix was to just mark everything and move it to the start of projectsequence (wich i dont want to do, due to obvious reasons) ..but untill premiere have fixed that exporting captions follows in and out markers, its not very intuitive ..

I mean i spent a couple of hours trying out different adjustments to export settings, not making any diferrence at all ..feels kind of cheap. Just make it follow the in and out and everyone will be happy. 

Why would i want to bring in a third party app to compensate for the shortcommings of premiere i pay good money for. 

Regard, joel tech at rdm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, thanx for taking your time to try and find an answer. Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. A workaround is just that.

Bug report/Feature request:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines