• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Premiere Pro, can't reopen. Tried uninstalling, says conflict as program is still running

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, hope someone can help me - thanks in advance!

As title suggest, downloaded Premiere Pro as free through my university. Never used it before, although I have some editing experiences on Mac previously and on my phone for social networks etc.

So I started on tutorials... got to the ones talking about titles... then at some point I messed up the windows somehow (double clicked on one of the windows in interface then didn't know how to go back...) 🙂 Anyway, after few tries, I decided to just close the program and open it again. Here is where the problem started.

I closed the program, tried reopening. Nothing.

Tried opening from program location. Nothing.

Tried opening as Administrator, nothing again.

Finally, went to Creative Cloud for desktop and opening from there. Nothing.

In the end, I decided to uninstall program and reinstall. When I tried that, I got the dialogue saying that the program is still running. But I can't see it ANYWHERE, the window is not minimized... I just don't understand where is Premiere actually running when I can't access it... If it is indeed running, shouldn't it just pop up when I try to reopen it from wherever?

I hope I was clear... Thanks in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

have you tried restarting your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pcspecs.jpg

Above are my specs. Also, I had a Handbreak encode queue running in the background so I couldn't restart it at that point. However, after those jobs were done, I did restart the computer and could now open the program just fine. I'm just worried if this is something that could happen when I'm actually editing with Premiere and would it cause any loss of work already done... Thanks for your reply, though! Please let me know if there is anything I should - or shouldn't - be doing to prevent the issue in the future. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

programs crash. even the best of them. make sure your autosaves are
going to a location other than where the project is being saved just
in case that drive fails, and if you're worried about losing at most
15 minutes worth of work (the default interval for autosaves) set the
autosave interval to 5 minutes... Unless you're project is humongous
(the technical term) autosaves are very quick...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Mg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the dialogue saying that the program is still running. But I can't see it ANYWHERE"

If that happens again, you don't need to restart the computer.  You can go to Task Manager and kill any Adobe processes and then you will be able to open Premiere Pro again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Peru!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines