Highlighted

Cntrl Shift keyboard shortcuts not working

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I am running Premiere 14.0 on Windows10 with 32GB RAM, AMD5700 graphics card. None of my Cntrl Shift keyboard commands work. I have been on tech support, uninstalled/re-installed 3 times under their guidance, saved new .kys file and nothing seems to work. It seems specific to the Cntrl Shift keys and no one seems to be able to solve this problem. Can you?

Thanks!

gary v

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cntrl Shift keyboard shortcuts not working

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I am running Premiere 14.0 on Windows10 with 32GB RAM, AMD5700 graphics card. None of my Cntrl Shift keyboard commands work. I have been on tech support, uninstalled/re-installed 3 times under their guidance, saved new .kys file and nothing seems to work. It seems specific to the Cntrl Shift keys and no one seems to be able to solve this problem. Can you?

Thanks!

gary v

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Have you checked if the selected Keyboard Layout Preset has the shortcut Ctrl+Shift mapped to the desired functions in Premiere Pro? Also, are these the default Ctrl+Shift shortcuts, or are these the customized ones?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sumeet,

The Cntrl+Shift functions are all mapped in the default.

I also created a new key board layout and mapped those as new mapped keys.

That did not work.

I tried re-mapping the defaults and saving a new keyboard preset and that did not work either.

I am out of options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gmontage LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Used Cleaner Tool and uninstalled and re-installed.

Basically, the Adobe chat tech rep sent me here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines