• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Codec error when exporting a photoshop file.

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a massive adobe photoshop file (15000x3880) that contains a ton of images and text. I was trying to present the information in small chunks using the Fx motion scale and position tools. However, after exporting the file using several different presets and formats, I keep getting the missing codec error. I also used other media players, but no cigar. 

MSI computer

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

32.0GB of ram

64bit system type

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, after exporting the file using several different presets and formats, I keep getting the missing codec error. I also used other media players, but no cigar. 

By @margita5EEA

Without knowing which different presets and formats you used it is impossible to help. Post a screen dump of the Export Settings you use. A wild guess is that you used let´s say a Apple ProRes preset and that the media player lacks support for it. Try VLC Player or PotPlayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I attached a picture of the default settings I use. Any more information you'd like to see? 

Also, VLC and PotPlayer doesn't work.

I didn't mention it in the topic but here's the error:  0xc00d36c4  

Can't seem to find a solution that works online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't mention it in the topic but here's the error:  0xc00d36c4  

By @margita5EEA

I can get it to work only in PotPlayer. In Microsoft Film&TV i get almost the same error as you: 0xc00d36b4

But, what are you trying to do? You are editing in and exporting 15000x3880 and that´s a massive non-standard resolution. Thats why i ask what you are trying to do. If i recall correctly YouTube´s max resolution today is 8K, 7680x4320.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to make this gigantic family tree all on one page and present it using the motion fx tools. Making the pictures any smaller would've hurt my the quality of the images as I would've needed to shrunk them more than they already are now. May consider splitting everything up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, but do you really need to edit it in a sequence that is 15000x3880? As you have noticed the output is near to unusable today.

If you are using the motion fx tools you can move around the Photoshop file within the video frame of lets say standard 4K resolution. Start to explore the Ken Burns effect. By using the Ken Burns effect you can move around the 15000x3880 image freely within the video frame and zoom in and zoom out.

How to: E33 - The Ken Burns Effect - Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines