• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collect Files And Copy To New Location = Proxies!?

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, the colour grader for a project I worked on recieved 2/3 of the project as proxy media. This was after going through the project manager's 'collect and copy' process for 2 sequences and reconnecting via xml. Done this many times with same grader, but this was a first. All I can see happening was that I did not turn the proxy toggle to 'off' before going through the process. 

Has anyone experienced this? Right now I am attempting to use Project manager again and I have toggled the proxy to 'off'. It seems to be working. I just find it strange that Premiere can make the distinction when you export a sequence through media encoder, but project manager doesn't. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: after an hour (copy and collect is unbearably slow) the process started copying proxy files instead of the original media. I've deleted all the proxies in a second attempt. Such a tedious process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

100% happening to me. It's creating hundreds of proxy files instead of JUST copying the source files. What the heck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines