Color correcting after using ultra key

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!! New premiere pro user here. And since I'm new I've decided to do some sample footage before kicking off with my actual project. I am working on a project that requires a green screen inside a picture frame. I opted out of green and used blue because we have multiple plants in our background. I'm able to use the ultra key to insert the picture in the frame but here's my problem; when I key out the blue, my talent's skin completion becomes ashy looking and the background looks faded. His completion is very dark. Is there a way to correct the color change after keying out the blue without it messing up my imported picture in the frame?? Would an adjustment layer fix that?? Should I sub-sequence before adding an adjustment layer?? Should I be using a different green screen color?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! ☺️

9B839ABB-7A57-4F4E-880F-BE86813965EA.jpeg

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color correcting after using ultra key

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!! New premiere pro user here. And since I'm new I've decided to do some sample footage before kicking off with my actual project. I am working on a project that requires a green screen inside a picture frame. I opted out of green and used blue because we have multiple plants in our background. I'm able to use the ultra key to insert the picture in the frame but here's my problem; when I key out the blue, my talent's skin completion becomes ashy looking and the background looks faded. His completion is very dark. Is there a way to correct the color change after keying out the blue without it messing up my imported picture in the frame?? Would an adjustment layer fix that?? Should I sub-sequence before adding an adjustment layer?? Should I be using a different green screen color?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! ☺️

9B839ABB-7A57-4F4E-880F-BE86813965EA.jpeg

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can create a hi-con matte using ultra key if I remember correctly and then use that to do the composite and apply whatever color correction is necessary to your foreground.  Honestly, I can't remember the specific steps but this may give you the clue to the necessary workflow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate the clip, put it exactly on top of the original and to this duplicate add a square opacity mask from the Effect Controls panel / Opacity tab.

Select the duplicated clip and click on the mask in Opacity tab, then you need to adjust it.

Delete the Ultra Key from the original clip.

Move the duplicated clip with the mask one track higher so that you have a free track to put the video you want there forming a sandwich, if necessary you also put a mask on this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried something like that. I cropped out the green screen then layered it on top of the original clip. The problem then becomes The space I’m filming in is small that sometimes his head is in the shot of the greenscreen and just the part of his head that’s over the frame becomes ashy looking.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see post below. I didn't reply correctly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, you have to duplicate the clip and make a mask with the pen tool (Free draw bezier) to the person and then do a Tracking so that the mask follows their movements. Look at my screenshot and with those buttons you can do the Mask Analysis for Tracking. The truth is that I would do it in After Effects but this may be your solution.

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-25 a la(s) 11.02.34.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0