Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color correction in multicam mode

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there.

I'm in multicam mode. I already did quite a bit aof editing and now I need to do some color correction in ONE of the cameras.

Since I'm in multicam mode, I can't "see" the individual cameras on my timeline, only the multicam clip. How do I get to them? I don't want to color correct a clip from the multicam clip and then copy/paste the color correction settings to millions of clips from the same camera.

Can I color correct a specific camera and all the clips from this camera on the multicam clip follow the settings?

Thanks in advance!

Take care.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Select the multicam clip in your bin, right click and select open in timeline. (I think you can also hold 'Alt' (option on Mac) and double click it to open it's own timeline but I don't have a Multicam clip handy to test.)

Once you have the multicam timeline open add colour correction to your 'problem' camera and when you return to your main multicam sequence it will have the colour correction applied to every instance of that particular camera that you've edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the multicam clip in your bin, right click and select open in timeline. (I think you can also hold 'Alt' (option on Mac) and double click it to open it's own timeline but I don't have a Multicam clip handy to test.)

Once you have the multicam timeline open add colour correction to your 'problem' camera and when you return to your main multicam sequence it will have the colour correction applied to every instance of that particular camera that you've edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I've used Multicam a bunch of times with success.  Every once in a while, I have a problem.   I select the video clips, then select NEST, then select ENABLE MULTICAM, then click on the icon, ....... and only one camera angle shows up in the side by side????  It usually happens if I do color correction ahead of time, or something weird, like the audio, won't line up, and I need to line up the audio manually.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't quite follow?

Not sure why you are nesting a multicam clip? Is there a particular reason?

If you don't nest - do the problems still present themselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the tip you gave with the select timeline was the trick.  I'm going to start to use that method instead of the way I was doing it.  Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can flatten the multicam clips, search by the file name of the camera you want to correct and select all and then paste attributes to apply the same custom preset....  What I often do is actually move each cameras clips to it's own video layer which makes this a little more foolproof...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you just avoid me 5H of work.... thanks !!:D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines