• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color issue after updating 2020 version

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i was midway grading through lumetri when i updated my Premiere to 2020. But the colors suddenly went way off.. But interestingly when i tried exporting, the colors are fine. I didn't have this issue in 2019. Is there a setting i don't know about?

Eg, this is my h264 footage:
Ungraded - H264 original.jpg

And this is what premiere pro shows me:
Ungraded - From Premiere.jpg

And this is what i was coloring mid way on Premiere looks like in 2020:
Graded - From Premiere.jpg

But on a trial export, it gives me this:
Graded output.jpg

Can anyone enlighten me? What's causing this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

It means you have an issue with the graphicscard. Driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I turned off my CUDA and ran on software and solved the issue.. But anyway i don't have to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means you have an issue with the graphicscard. Driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed new drivers about 2 days ago. Should i roll back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey you were right. It was my graphic drivers. Was still the same till i cleared my cache. Gosh I feel dumb. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Kalif, Did you re install the drivers or clean the cache? In case toy cleaned the cache, please, tell me where to do it... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated my Nvidia GeForce drivers, and then i cleared my cache the regular way - Edit>preference>media cache. And pop, the issue is solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys. I'm having the same issue here....I had all the colour grading work done on the CC 2019 version and now, after the 2020 update, some clips appear with a "greenish" look. I searched all around the internet, and i can't seem to find a solution for this... Tried all of your suggestions above, but none of them work. Can someone help me out here!? I'm literally at the edge of despair right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "answer" was marked as correct, but I'm still having this issue and my drivers are all updated and I've cleared my cache. The "answer" above is not a very good one, and the link provided above just directs me to a generic adobe purchase site. I need some real help, here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julius,

Please create a new thread, list your OS/CPU/GPU and media involved, any color management or calibration steps you've taken with your rig.

And drag/drop some screen grabs directly into your text reply box so we can see exactly what you're seeing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured it out. After upgrading my software to the 2020 version, my custom LUTs were no longer in the Presets folder. For some reason, the updated software chose, what I can only guess, was another random LUT to replace the missing one instead. It replaced it with a LUT called SL BLUE DAY4NITE, found in the "Creative" Tab under the "Color" Function. This is what made all of my footage Blue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julius,

Just to make sure ... you do not park your custom LUTs in the program/package files do you? That is bad ... that folder is accessed by relative position in the folder, "9th entry down", sorted by computer alpha-numeric practices. NOT by name.

Also, if you put a LUT in the Premiere package/program folders, neither MediaEncoder nor AfterEffects will be able to 'see' it. Or use it.

Users are supposed to park our LUTs in the following locations. You have to add the final Technical and Creative folders to those folder-trees in the chart below. Once you do, then Premiere, MediaEncoder, and AfterEffects can and will access them all there.

I've been using an organizational tool, applying a suffix to all LUTs.

And so on, as a main 'folder' organization. Then I add a letter after that for essentially organizing by the equivalent of sub-folders.

01 A low contrast high sat shadows

As an example.

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day to everyone reading this, please i have serious issues on my adobe premiere pro cc 2020 while color grading especially trying to use curves and color wheels, pictures would be attached below please Here is what i get while using curvesHere is what i get while using curves

Without curvesWithout curves

Please help me, am in dire need, Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is almost always a GPU driver issue. What's your GPU, and which driver are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3gb Nvidia gtx 1060

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update nvidia driver to he lastest studio driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remembered having this issue once after updating my Nvidia drivers.

So I had to roll back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kalif, please how do i roll back please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to your Nvidia app on your machine, use the update driver controls to get to the Nvidia website ... or simply go in your browser to the Nvidia driver support page, and enter the information for the GPU and choose a driver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines