Color issues with the new M1 MacBook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not for the life of me figure out why my rendered videos look so much different then what I am color grading in adobe. I have never had this issue and unless I missed it, I haven't seen many people talking about this which is making me think maybe it has something to do with running on the translated version via M1?

The exported version is a regular .265 export, same settings I have used for years... Is there something major I am just missing or oblivous to? I appreciate the advice in advance, thanks. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 1.08.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 6.28.42 AM.png

   

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color issues with the new M1 MacBook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not for the life of me figure out why my rendered videos look so much different then what I am color grading in adobe. I have never had this issue and unless I missed it, I haven't seen many people talking about this which is making me think maybe it has something to do with running on the translated version via M1?

The exported version is a regular .265 export, same settings I have used for years... Is there something major I am just missing or oblivous to? I appreciate the advice in advance, thanks. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 1.08.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 6.28.42 AM.png

   

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 11, 2021 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try importing the export in PP and compare/view it there. Are you seeing the same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw this note when looking for PP hardware requirements.

Note:

Premiere Pro 14.7 supports macOS 11.0 (Big Sur) on Intel CPUs. Native support for Apple M1 CPUs is not yet available but you can run Premiere Pro in Rosetta 2 emulation mode on Apple M1 devices. For more information, see Do Adobe apps work on Apple computers that use the M1 chip?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The funny thing is that in runs GREAT as in fast and it crashes less then my windows desktop. 

That was a great suggestion, I imported the rendered clip like you mentioned and to my surprise it looked exactly the same as the project in adobe primere! The color difference was gone! So it's as if the colors I am seeing in adobe primere are not true.... hummm What's going on here. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, glad you can see that. Actually it's PP that is displaying them correctly. Quicktime or some other players display them typically with modified gamma and other undesireable qualities. Same with YouTube. You can only make yours as good and close to color standards and then whoever views them, in hundreds of different ways and various hardware/software, etc will see it as they can also.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird becuase I never experienced this before, videos always pretty much looked the same in adobe primere as youtube/playing from desktop. How do I fix/make up for this new found issue because it looks awesome in adobe and I look like a purple dead ghost in the render lol. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a beta version of Premiere Pro for the M1 Mac available. I would try that if i had a M1 Mac. It is available via the Creative Cloud app.

More info: DISCUSS: Premiere Pro on Apple Silicon M1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you will for sure try this, the M1 Lightroom is fire

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0