• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color label a clip is changing all clips

Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where if I am making cuts to a clip, and then change the color lable of just that one section of the clip, it changing the color of all parts of the same clip. This means that if I have a clip consisting of, say, 5 takes, and cut and change the label color to oragange, not only does that one segment change color, but so does all the remaining pieces of the clip.

It doesn't happen instantly either, but over the course of 20 seconds, and happens oddly, so I believe this is a bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

That would be because you have something checked you want to uncheck. Look in your Project file, the bottom option of the General page as shown below.

That checked option to show the same color across all instances in your project must currently be checked as below. Uncheck it.

Neil

Color Labels All Instance Project Dialog.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

It's now over in the wrench-icon menu in the Timeline panel ... at the very top, Show Source Clip Name and Label ...

Neil

RNeilHaugen_0-1636489205119.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be because you have something checked you want to uncheck. Look in your Project file, the bottom option of the General page as shown below.

That checked option to show the same color across all instances in your project must currently be checked as below. Uncheck it.

Neil

Color Labels All Instance Project Dialog.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, BRILLIANT. Thank you Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, must have shifted it somewhere else in 2021 

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.42.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now over in the wrench-icon menu in the Timeline panel ... at the very top, Show Source Clip Name and Label ...

Neil

RNeilHaugen_0-1636489205119.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.
Is it not possible to show the clip name and still be able to label my cuts in different colors? My issue is that I named all my takes within the project window, rather than the source files (as is standard procedure), but if I disable the option to allow me to color individually, it no longer will show me the proper names of the files! And I need those to reference which take I'm dealing with and so forth...???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this moved again in 2023? I'm not seeing these options on the wrench menu settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind - I just looked for any wrench and didn't pay attention to which panel I was searching. This menu is under the timeline wrench, not the program monitor wrench. There is more on than one wrench on the screen. Hope that helps anyone else who was confused as to why that menu didn't pop up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youre the best, thanks mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was it! Need to label clips seperately for my content so that was a big hurdle for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youre the best, thanks mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you in korea, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines