Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color management / blacks in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color management / blacks in Premiere Pro:

Premiere does something ominous internally with the blacks that it shouldn't - and that not even with all imported clips in the same way, but with some the blacks are correct and with some incorrect. I have one premiere project into which I have imported various (fully graded) films - and the blacks are shown incorrectly in some films and correctly in others. If I activate the Premiere checkbox "Enable Display Color Management (GPU acceleration)", then it is the other way round: The previously incorrect films (which were too flat) have correct blacks then, but the previously correct films (which had correct blacks) are then too black/dark.

If I export a clip from Premiere for testing purposes (consisting of the various films with correctly/incorrectly displayed blacks), when played in VLC (and also in DaVinci) the blacks of the exported clip are the same like they were displayed in Premiere before (so at least it doesn't seem to be the problem that Premiere exports other blacks than it displays in the software).

If I just play the films (which I importet into Premiere at the beginning) in the VLC player, the blacks are correct - and that for all films. Likewise, if I import the films into DaVinci and watch them there, then the blacking fits all as well. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with the original films, but really internally from Premiere, how it interprets the films/footage somehow.

I don't know what Premiere is doing internally and how that can be fixed. Has anyone ever had this problem and found a solution? Thank you for your help!
TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try technical LUTs to correct black level of 'flat' clips on the timeline:

go Effects > Lumetri presets > Technical => Legal to Full Range ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines