Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Management in Premiere doesn't match the export

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm having some trouble with my colors in Premier Pro.

I'm using the latest version of Premiere ProCC, an external Monitor (4K Not calibrated) and I just bought an external graphic card (Radeon RX Vega 64)

It is my understanding that using the "Color Management" option under file>General it's "better" (To put it simply).

Now, before I never had a problem in terms of color: What I graded and saw in my preview was pretty much what I was getting in my export but now my export is a lot less contrasty that my preview.

Is it because I'm using the color management option?

Should I not use it and grade it again or should I change some setting during export maybe?

(I'm exporting both in ProRes HQ, and H264 4096x2160  VBR  2 pass: 48 and 60; highest bit color range and and render at maximum quality) and I have the same problem.

Is there anybody that could help me with this?

or anybody that could suggest a different solution?

Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Color ... "control" ... is not nearly as solid a thing as most expect. Monitors all vary, even the same models ... the OS and video card settings can be different even for different monitors out from one card. And the color space coverage for monitors within the same space will vary.

There just isn't anything like making a color the same on multiple monitors.

The closest is to have a setup as close as possible to full broadcast standards, with the material viewed on another system set for the same

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil for your patience and support...

I think that I will personally be waisting my gray matter on something else for a while.

Cheers,

DK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join the group, eh? 

I've been wondering about my "confidence" monitor and my calibration setup ... over the last month, some times things just were ... odd. Re-calibrate, and maybe ... it was better ... or not. Not sure if my puck was just aged and failing (the filters do go 'down' over time) or my monitor was failing.

Just got in a new i1 Display Pro setup, and ... yea, my calibration was off. But ... the monitor is now shown as close to targets ... but clearly the right 1/8th of the screen or so is perhaps a teens bit lighter ... coming up on time for a new monitor.

But at least, I'm back within 'norms' for the work I do. Just ... got to regrade the couple projects I'm working on. Not far off, but ... not as close as I'd want to go out the door either.

This stuff can drive ya crazy.

One colorist wrote an article about gramma's green tv. He'd graded a major commercial, it went out on b-cast on the networks, and he went on vacation to visit his gramma in Wisconsin. One of those "dears" who leave the TV running as background all day. And ... there was his commercial ... looking a very sick green to him. Gramma thought it was lovely though, because her TV has been sickly green for so long it's 'normal' to her eyes, and ... compared to the other b-cast material on her screen ... it was as good or better for tonality/color.

But you still can't fix gramma's green TV ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i posted the preview luts about halfway up the thread. you could try a rec. 709 2.4 icc as that should match premiere program monitor a little better, but as I've said, the color is only as good as the application previewing the information. the web is sRGB 2.2, so unless your web browser supports playback at rec. 709 2.4, it won't matter what your color profile is set to. madvr is a windows video player program. you'd have to use a mac equivalent or external lut box. that's why I said the heck with, and said just use a temporary lut in premiere and disable it prior to exporting for web based stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys. 

I've always beeen on the readers side of the discussions but this problem is not coming to a solution. 

My QUESTION. 

The preview that i see in premiere pro does not match with my export on the same screen on VLC player or windows media player. 

I am not worried about how it looks on other screens. First i need a solution that why my premiere pro visual and export visual don't match. 

Now i have applied gamma QT lut but it crushed my blacks  meaning comparing with the premiere pro window and VLC or windows media player. the exported video is not more darker than the premier pro monitor screeen, 

Solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double-posting is not considered best practices, so let's discuss this on the other thread.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines