• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Match Tool

Engaged ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am using the comparison view/color match tool,  sometimes I click and nothing happens, and other times it just says "Analyzing..." and nothing changes as well, and when I click it again it just goes back to "Apply Match".

Anyone else have this issue? When it does work, it works great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

It sounds to me like some users do not have the "Current" clip selected, which could definitely yield these results. I recommend using the Color workspace because it enables "Selection follows playhead" which will ensure that you always have the clip under the playhead selected. 

As a recap, these are the steps to successfully use Color Match

1. Enter the Color Workspace
  2. Park the playhead on the clip that needs some color correction (it should get automatically selected)
  3. Enter comparison view mode by

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi directorballb58989569,

Sorry for the trouble. Is this happening with all projects? Please check with a new project.

If yes, try resetting the preferences & check. Steps: FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue as directorballb58989569​.

I already reset the preferences and updated the app, yet the color match still only works on 2/10 clips. I clicl "Apply match" button, and it isn't doing anything.

Is there anything that can be done to fix?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. I can't replicate this.

I go to Comparison mode in the Program Monitor, select a reference frame for the left side, then click the timeline and arrow or whatever to select the frame to correct.

Click the Apply Match button and it just works.

One of the easier to apply tools they've made.

So, not having had this, or seen much comments on it here, I'm trying to think what it could be.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it just does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not found a fix yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would really be a pain. Speaking politely on this public forum. Wish I had a clue how to help, other than trying the nuclear option.

Which is downloading the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, using that to do BOTH the uninstall of PrPro and cleanup of related files. Then reboot and from the CC app download/install a fresh copy.

And see if that works.

Also, definitely file this on the new bug system for these forums.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well. Occasionally Color Match works but, more often than not, it does absolutely nothing. No Beach Ball; no color shift; no anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might go to your GPU's manufacturer's website, and make sure you have the latest driver installed. Oh ... are you on the 2018 12.x builds series, or the 2019 13.x build series?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found the solution to this problem. I first encountered this problem by selecting a clip in the timeline, then selecting that clip's lumetri effect (which I had applied earlier) under the effects controls tab for that clip. From there, under Color Wheels and Match section, I was clicking on the Comparison View and Apply Match buttons. By approaching my color matching from this angle, I was experiencing the same "analyzing" hang up that others experienced here. What I was doing wrong it seems, was selecting my reference clip in the timeline, ie, whatever the first frame of the selected clip was, and proceeding from there. The solution seems to be to select the Lumetri Color tab listed under the Effects view, located on the right hand side of my setup. From here, go to the Color Wheels and Match section, click Comparison view, and from the comparison view window, select the reference frame using the slider bar. By doing this, then clicking the Apply Match button, I no longer got the infinite "analyzing" problem. Sorry if this is a bit cryptic. To sum up, don't select your reference frame form a single clip, but navigate to it from within the comparison view window which gives you access to the entire sequence. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great addition to the thread there!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Doesn't seem to matter how I approach this issue.  I can't seem to find a fix. I'm literally 100% suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide a detailed set of steps that you're following, preferably with a few screen-grabs drag/dropped into your reply box so we see them in your post.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes - this is the solution!! (for me anyway) Thank you !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like some users do not have the "Current" clip selected, which could definitely yield these results. I recommend using the Color workspace because it enables "Selection follows playhead" which will ensure that you always have the clip under the playhead selected. 

As a recap, these are the steps to successfully use Color Match

1. Enter the Color Workspace
  2. Park the playhead on the clip that needs some color correction (it should get automatically selected)
  3. Enter comparison view mode by clicking the comparison view button in the program monitor button bar or in the Color Wheel & Match section
  4. Select the reference clip on the left by using the scrubber, the arrows or the timecode under the reference side.  This has access to the entire timeline. 
  5. Click on the apply match button in the Color Wheels & Match section.
  6. This will match the current clip to the reference by altering the color wheels
  7. Exit comparison view by clicking on the comparison view button in either location

Pro Tip:  If the shots are incredibly different, like the exposure is wildly different, it helps to get them into the ballpark first with basic corrections.  The color wheels can only do so much, but Color Match is smart enough to take into account any corrections done upstream of the Color Wheels when calculating the match. If you run a match and it pegs any of the color wheels parameters, it means the shots are too different, and the color wheels don't have enough latitude to make the match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for popping in Francis.

And for those who don't know, he's one of the color engineers ... and I so appreciate his popping in here!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything exactly as each person on this thread has described and my Color Match will not get out of the "Analyzing" mode. I really need this tool to work. Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Everything above" is not necessarily all that useful.

What is your computer ... especially OS/CPU/RAM/GPU ... what is your media, how was it created by what? ... any other effects as time remapping, noise reduction, or Warp Stabilizer? ... and what steps specifically are you taking to start the color match?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you applying the Lumetri Color on a specific clip or the "Master" tab under Effect Controls?

I found that Color Match never works for me if I try to do it on the Master track. 

The workaround I use is to apply the Color Match on a specific clip and then Copy + Paste it on the Master tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a bug. Can we log this on User Voice? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The comment about Color Match if working with the Master Clip tab might be the issue.

You can apply Lumetri to a clip on the Master Clip tab, and that correction will now apply to every instance of that clip (or segment thereof) throughout the project.

But if you do anything on a Master clip for a clip, and move to another clip, Premiere automatically jumps to the 'normal' clip tab. So if you try and ColorMatch to the Master Clip Lumetri of an earlier clip, Premiere will take the final total result ... the MC instance of Lumetri and anything you may have done in the standard tab, and try to match that.

And if you set the current clip to be matched to the Master Clip tab, and try and match to any earlier clip, Premiere just sits there doing nothing when you tap the "Analyze" button.

You can copy a Lumetri instance or several even from the ECP, then right-click and paste on a clip/s in a bin, and Premiere will apply that Lumetri selection to the Master Clip tab for all selected clips.

But you can't "Apply Match" to a Master Clip. Sadly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that I recently came across in a project is that the clip I was trying to apply the color match to had the time interpolation set to optical flow instead of frame sampling and it also had reverse speed applied. After resetting those parameters back to their defaults, I was able to get the color match to analyze as opposed to doing nothing like it was initially. After I applied the color match I was also able to revert the time interpolation/reverse speed settings I had and it didn't interfere with the color matching. Not sure if this is some weird bug but I'm working in version 23 (build 63).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, nice post! Yea, I can see the reverse time ramped clip could be problematic for that sort of computation. But it hadn't occurred to me to assume so.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what fixed the problem for me. I was trying to do a color match on a speed ramped clip and it wouldn't work. I did the color match on the one that wasn't speed ramped and just pasted that on my clip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines