• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color problem of the imported footage

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I imported the footage in Premier and edited something, than I exported. Its seems different, and check out my first footage, they are little bit like Log, when I import these footage in premier they are looking different, more contrast, more saturation.. Thats ok! But when i export the sequence, the color is going back the first time (Before import, orginal). I cant color grading because of it. Please someone help!

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the full information of your system and especially your monitor calibration and profiles. OS/CPU/RAM/GPU, and again, the color settings and calibration steps you have done.

Plus ... what are you using to view the exported media in?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using macbook pro 2019 15''

2,6 Ghz i7

16gb ram

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Color Profile Color Lcd

And I'm using QuickTime Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 23.15.52.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A pro colorist posted a LONG post about conflicting color management on the LiftGammaGain (LGG) forum, a hangout for colorists.

Shortest answer: there is no combination of settings in any NLE/grading app that can get correct colors across OS, players & browsers. Which is darn frustrating.

Apple has applied an intriguing and only-in-Apple 'view' of the Rec.709 standards naturally. They never play well with others, want their own toys to be "special" somehow. But if you put the 'appropriate' tag on the metadata for the file, their ColorSync utility will tend to handle it correctly in a couple browsers (Chrome and Safari) but not all, nor all players. Qt, yes, Potplayer and VLC ... maybe ... depending on how people have the settings within those applied.

And it will not be viewed correctly on most TVs and most non-Apple gear.

If you do not add that 'tag' to the meta for a Rec.709 file, it will play correctly in Premiere Pro and most any NLE, and on systems with "standard" broadcast color standards cleanly applied through the system.

But ... it won't be quite correct in Apple's ColorSync. So for say Chrome and Safari it will probably be 'off', but ... might not be too bad in Firefox ... depending ...

So ... you have to pick your poison, and ain't that grand?

I will say ... as someone who's a contributing author on a major colorist's teaching subscription site, where a TON of the people are Mac users ... no one grades on a Mac monitor not no way not no how.

And they complain about the mess that is color 'management' across devices on a daily basis.

On a Mac, in Premiere Pro, you pretty much need to make sure you have the "Display color management" option checked 'on' in the Preferences. And try for "Rec709" in your OS color management settings. It can be workable, but again, not guaranteed that within and without Premiere on a Mac you'll see the same image.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines