• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color saturation changes in Videos only when subtitles appear

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a strange issue when exporting my videos with subtitles recently, and I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue. I hope it is an easy fix. 

I add translated subtitles to my videos for YouTube, and they are burned into the video. When I export the video, there is a slight saturation change to the colors when the subtitles appear on the screen. It then goes back when the subtitles are gone. With a video full of subtitles, what you see is a sort of "flickering," that is so subtle, I just noticed it now after uploading a few videos to YouTube. 

You can see what I mean here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9AkyQnNkGk

The actual rendered file is the same. I tried to change my NVIDIA GPU color settings, but the same issue occurs when I rendered the video again. 

Anyone have an idea what might cause this? Cheers!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

if you are exporting to H.264, try switching the Encoding Settings - Performance 

in Export Settings - Video

or try exporting to something other than H.264 like QuickTime GoPro Cineform YUV 10 bits,

then create an H.264 out of that export.

Looks like a Graphics Driver update issue related only to H.264 encoders

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are exporting to H.264, try switching the Encoding Settings - Performance 

in Export Settings - Video

or try exporting to something other than H.264 like QuickTime GoPro Cineform YUV 10 bits,

then create an H.264 out of that export.

Looks like a Graphics Driver update issue related only to H.264 encoders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I will try it now. Let's see what happens. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching to "software encoding" worked like a charm. Howevever, I got a nice GPU to render fast. Any chance that a driver update will fix this issue? I just noticed an NVIDIA driver update is availible now. 

Anyway, I will toy around with it. However, you helped me find exactly what was wrong very quickly. Thank you so much for sharing your expertise. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try your GPU rendering again, only this time make sure that Sequence>Sequence Settings> Composite in linear color is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright. I will try that next. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried exporting to Cineform and that issue does not happen. It only occurs with H.264 on hardware encoding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines