Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Shift happing on H264 Export

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I was hoping someone could help me with this strange color shift issue happing on export. I have Screenshots below: The top image is what I'm seeing in my program monitor and the bottom is the H264 export. This was exporting fine up until today when I updated premiere. I can export a prores file and the colors are correct. I haven't changed any settings when it was exporting fine a few days ago. I also uploaded to vimeo to see if it was my monitor or something and I'm seeing the incorrect image everywhere. 

Looking for some help!

Thanks,

Spencer

testframe1.jpgTestframe2.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your computer system and monitor setup?

How are you judging this ... including have you re-imported the H.264 in Premiere and checked that against the original within Premiere?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my system. I did reimport the h.264 and the color is incorrect. Also now prores is exporting incorrect. Not sure why that changed. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 1.52.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information: I usually check "render at maximum depth" 

When I uncheck that the colors render correctly. 

So something is wrong with the "render at maximum depth" feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't add the crucial information as to where you are seeing the change ... and what the file is like re-imported into Premiere.

The Max Depth option btw is primarily for use where one doesn't have a discrete GPU on the computer recognized by Premiere. In that case, at times Premiere may accept "simple CPU math" which may drop the bit-depth during computations to 8 bit. If you have a GPU then Premiere should be running front to back taking the file bit-depth at input, processing internally in 32 bit float, and rendering into the bit-depth of the chosen format/codec on export.

Especially if there's any effect that is GPU accelerated in use, the use of the GPU is ensured. At that point, the Max Depth option isn't of use, and can on occasion cause problems.

There are of course numerous issues with Macs specifically on the ... unique, Mac-only ... color management within the OS. And with Retina monitors. Which is an insane rabbit-hole to get into.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

I said that the exported file is incorrect when brought back into premiere. The colors are clearly off. It's the same in premiere, in quicktime, in vimeo and on every monitor, tv and phone I've viewed it on. 

Good to know about the max depth feature. Thanks for that. I assumed it would give me the highest possible bit depth to avoid banding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the correct, yea, I missed that obvious comment! Ha.

This is ... wrong. Clearly. About the only thing I can think of is wondering perhaps if there's a LUT or something enabled in the Effects tab of the Export dialog?

Do you have Enable Hardware Acceleration "on" in the Preferences/Media tab? Just asking about various things here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

I exported a H264 format File. The colour has a reddish Tint on GOM Player and I have to go into control panel and click on 'reset' of any one of  'Brightness', 'Contrast' or ' Saturation' (even though all settings are on Reset) for it to show the colour I expected it to be. When I open the same file in VLC no problem. But when I close the GOM Player and open it again I have the Reddish tint again....  Can someone let me know if they have any idea why this must be. I have to submit these files to a cliet soon.

Untitled.jpg 

I am looking for a solution for this... Can't find anything anywhere regarding this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue where the color looks great in the timeline and terrible after export. Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on re-import into PrPro, or viewed on a different player on your machine? What's your OS and monitor? What calibratons have you done if any with that monitor?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like a color management issue. Likely you adjusted colors while using some wider color space, during export that info was kinda squized into standard Rec.709 space.

Color Management in Premiere Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines