Highlighted

Colorgrading with LUTs & Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Sony DSLR 65Alpha to shoot video at the best recommended settings and good lighting. I've reviewed the Premiere Pro tutorials for color grading and LUTs, but somehow I can't seem to get the crispness and professional "color look" that even experienced YouTubers get. Even the dark colors look lush and professional, but mine look muddy. 

Other than trying to hone and learn the inner nuances and knobs of the PP more, what else could be the reason? Thanks. 

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Colorgrading with LUTs & Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Sony DSLR 65Alpha to shoot video at the best recommended settings and good lighting. I've reviewed the Premiere Pro tutorials for color grading and LUTs, but somehow I can't seem to get the crispness and professional "color look" that even experienced YouTubers get. Even the dark colors look lush and professional, but mine look muddy. 

Other than trying to hone and learn the inner nuances and knobs of the PP more, what else could be the reason? Thanks. 

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
awh11 LATEST
Enthusiast ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd hardly call myself a colorist, but a very large part of the equation is how you shoot it. You mentioned you look at some recommended settings and good lighting, but what have you been doing exactly? What gamut/gamma is your footage? What are you shooting video of and how are you exposing that?

Not quite what you sure by muddy, but if your shadows are underexposed, it may be harder to pull out clean video from that. Is that specifically what you are not happy with on your color work? Details in shadows?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines