• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors are all wrong in exports

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 I can't figure out what's causing the problem, but suddenly the colors are all wrong in my exports.  Reds turn out pink and  blues are green or turquiose.  I've tried several different codecs in this project, and they're all rendering like this.  I was able to get a 1920x1080 HEVC file where the colors were accurate (see below), but when I render to match my source size (4030 x 1704) in either 2.64 or HEVC the color errors happen again.  The strange thing is that this just started yesterday.  I'm new to Premiere, and I'm wondering if I have an incorrect setting or something.  I'm running a Windows PC with an ASUS z390-P motherboard, an Intel i7-9700 cpu, and a GeForce RTX 2070 Super graphics card.  This is getting frustrating, I've exported the file close to a dozen times and nothing's changing.  Any help would be appreciated.

01.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using to view the encoded video? Every video player will do "its own thing."

Probably the best way to double check the file is to re-import it into Premiere and double check it against the video in the timeline. It's at least worth ruling that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use VLC, and it's always worked fine.  I'm pretty certain this is an encoding issue. These are all captures from vlc and the 1920x1080 stills that are displayed first are totally faithful to the colors in my timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Software Encoding vs Hardware, does that make a difference? You said you tried different codecs so if you tried intermediate codecs already and that didn't work, then maybe it won't matter (since those aren't NVENC hardware encoded).

Hopefully some more color savvy peeps will be able to pop in and comment as well! I'm just throwing out what I can.

What sort of media are you working with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip:  I think this had something to do with creating proxy files, but I'm not sure how.  I created proxy files for the clips in this project and didn't really know what I was doing.  Luckily I had an another saved version of this project on my computer before I tried to create proxy files and I went back and opened it.  It's rendering perfectly. I'm really new to Premiere and  I'm having difficulty understanding all the steps to creating proxy files and I'm pretty sure I did it the wrong way.  In any case, thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess that's a possibility. If you color graded the proxies they wouldn't have the same amount of data as your original media, so even if the grading was actually applied to the original clips, the look on export might be different. (If you set up your proxies through Premiere it will only export the originals, so you don't have to worry about accidentally exporting the proxies, but you would probably need to toggle the proxies off before color grading.)

Thank you for coming back with an update. This will help us all know to look out for that in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines