Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Glitch on export

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

So I've been having an issue where the colour of my exported video suddenly changes in places where there is a transition or animated text. At these places in the video, the colour looks like it changes saturation. 

The first picture is how the colour looks for most of the video, and the second picture is how the colour looks when the glitch occurs.

Regular Video.PNGGlitched Video.PNG

The glitched colour looks like the colour in the preview before the video is exported, and actaully looks better IMO (not as oversaturated). However, this colour change only occurs when there is a transition or animated text, so the change is very noticable when watching the video.

The issue occurs when I encode with the H.264 Format, so my temporary solution is to export my videos using QuickTime MOV.

However, I really like the H.264 Format for the much smaller file sizes, and compatibility. I chatted with Adobe Support, and the tech suggested that it might be a colour space issue with my recorded file. However, I tried messing around with the colour space settings in OBS to no avail.

Any ideas as to why this glitch is happening, and what I can do to prevent this?

Thank you for reading this long post, any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

So I think I've narrowed down the problem to Hardware Encoding. When I export my video using H.264 + Software Encoding, the video is perfect. It is slightly annoying as the software encoding takes much longer, but that's not a big deal. The colour glitch only occurs when I use Hardware encoding. Does this suggest that there is something wrong with the encoder on my GPU (2070 Super)?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to select the timeline and go to Sequence > Sequence Settings and un-check "Composite in Linear Color...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I tried re-exporting the video after I did this, and the glitch was still there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting directly from PrPro, or queueing over to MediaEncoder?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, I've tried using both PrPro as well as the MediaEncoder to export the video, and the colour glitch was present in both exports. The glitch also occured on the previous version of PrPro. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been a few people who were having issues with lowered contrast (mainly noted by raised blacks) while graphics/text were on the screen. This was a few months back, and I'm trying to remember what that issue was, and what solution.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, I really appreciate that. Let me know if you find anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think I've narrowed down the problem to Hardware Encoding. When I export my video using H.264 + Software Encoding, the video is perfect. It is slightly annoying as the software encoding takes much longer, but that's not a big deal. The colour glitch only occurs when I use Hardware encoding. Does this suggest that there is something wrong with the encoder on my GPU (2070 Super)?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hardware encoding can at times give different results to software encoding, and that is SO frustrating. They actually have different math paths and processes to them of course, and ... well ... apparently it's not perfectly the same.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines