• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Grading

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm trying to adjust some colours of my footage and when I go to the 'Colour' editing screen I loose the vision so if I make adjustments to the exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, whites, blacks or any other type of colour grading I actually can't see what I'm doing because there is no preview screen of the vision being manipulated in real time.  I can make some guesses then move over to any of the other screens (Editing, Effects, Audio, Graphics) and see what I've done but there's clearly something wrong.  A person can't grade effectively if they can't see what they're doing.  I am praying someone will know how to guide me back to having a preview screen which I had once upon a time.  Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

What do you mean with "there's no preview screen"?

If it's completely not there, you should reset your color workspace by going to Window > Workspaces > Reset to saved layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Color workspace the Program monitor is part of the layout, so I'm having trouble understanding the problem? You see the changes there, unless of course Global fx Mute is toggled on or you've set the Bypass Lumetri toggled to on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil.  Both those things are good to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with "there's no preview screen"?

If it's completely not there, you should reset your color workspace by going to Window > Workspaces > Reset to saved layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Sami, that worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines