• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colours rendering incorrectly in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've been working on a project that involves grading on Davinci and then transfering an XML to Primiere to be rendered. Unfortunately as you can see the colours have been coming out incredibly distorted or not coming through at all. This is after rendering at AppleProRos with quicktime at 1080p. Some shots have come out fine but many  of them come out wrong. It seems very inconsistent which seems odd. Not sure what's causing such radical distortion.

Before and after (the ones with time codes):

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 21.16.00.pngScreenshot 2021-05-03 at 21.16.14.pngScreenshot 2021-05-03 at 21.16.27.pngScreenshot 2021-05-03 at 21.18.14.pngScreenshot 2021-05-03 at 21.18.46.pngScreenshot 2021-05-03 at 21.19.16.png

The editor and I have tried several methods, including ticking the "Display Colour Management" option, or nesting the entire sequence, but no luck. Everything looks good on the timeline but as soon as it is exported it comes out like this. In the grade I used LUTs though they transfered to premiere just fine it seems.

Is there any way to resolve this? Are there specific settings that need to be in place for this to work?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , Formats , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terminology critique:

Render = process all effects and video in a timeline so that the composite plays back in the timeline with as little load on the system as possible.

Export = process all effects and video in a timeline and create a file (or files) for delivery and playback outside of Pr.

When you say "render", I assume you mean "export"?

For the comparison shots, what software did you use for playback and frame grab, and on what system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Quicktime Player for the playback, and am using my Macbook Pro. Others have been using PCs to review the export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QuickTime is likely contributing to the problem, but it usually (always?) involves a gamma shift and not a loss or corruption of color. 

It may be an issue with the XML translation when Pr tries to export, it may be a combo of XML and LUT miscommunication, or something else entirely. 

I can't help with the XML stuff, but I can recommend trying a more direct path and exporting to a ProRes MOV file from DaVinci and bringing that into Pr to test the export.

NB: Pr doesn't have a good XML track record. Reference the fact they advertise an XML export for Final Cut, but the XML can't be read by FCPX. 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I will try out the method you suggeted. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines