Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining c++ plugin with CEP panel

Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friends,

I have to solve a slightly nontrivial task.

My plugin creates a png sequence which needs to be imported back into main video.

To import png-sequence I  need to add CEP panel.

Question 1.

Is it possible to launch CEP panel by programming a button in the custom UI of my plugin?

(The plugin has its own custom UI writtten in winapi to make the usage user-friendly)

Question 2.

If 1 is not possible, is it possible to start my plugin from CEP panel by clicking a button on a panel?

Question 3.

Suppose 1  and 2 are not possible (my nightmare).

I managed to implement the principal functionality of my plugin (creation of  png sequence) as a standalone exe. Since it is standalone one can't include information about the key frames and so on (arising form the workflow in Ppro).

Is it  possible to read out the position of a main time slider (and keyframes ) of Premiere Pro with some windows commands?  If yes, I'll just add the synchronized timeslider and synchronized  keyframes to my srandalone exe,  and  execute it from CEP panel. 

Yaroslav.

TOPICS
Import , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

> Is it possible to launch CEP panel by programming a button in the custom UI of my plugin?

No.

>is it possible to start my plugin from CEP panel by clicking a button on a panel?

No.

> Is it  possible to read out the position of a main time slider (and keyframes ) of Premiere Pro with some windows commands?

Also no. 🙂

If you can provide a description of the workflow(s) you're trying to support, from the user's perspective, I'd be happy to provide implementation guidance. You can write me directly: bb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Is it possible to launch CEP panel by programming a button in the custom UI of my plugin?

No.

>is it possible to start my plugin from CEP panel by clicking a button on a panel?

No.

> Is it  possible to read out the position of a main time slider (and keyframes ) of Premiere Pro with some windows commands?

Also no. 🙂

If you can provide a description of the workflow(s) you're trying to support, from the user's perspective, I'd be happy to provide implementation guidance. You can write me directly: bbb@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines