Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining Clips from Difference Videos and Issues with Audio

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I have been working on a project where I am editing clips fetched from different videos to make a final video with funny outcome. The problem is that the speaker in all the videos is speaking different environments. One video has him speaking in an auditorium, one in a room, one in a public rally, one in an open ground where there is lot of background noise. The resulting video has so many audio glitches. The audio sometime explodes and sometime it is very low and there is always a "transition" sound when the next combined clip is played. I tried using Essential Sounds which equalizes the volume for me but the transition sound still remains and the fact that the speaker is different environments makes the end result very poor.

Does anyone have any suggestion on "standardizing" volume and sound in such case?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use a denoiser, compressor and limiter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy's right, at the least, and it might be a lot easier and more effective to select the sequence, then "edit in Audition" to get over to a full audio app to work on the sound. Personally, anything this complex I head right to Audition.

Still ... what you're doing is moderately complex work in audio, so you may well need to ask for advice over on the Audition forum for getting this done in that app.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. I don't have Audition and I don't think I will subscribe in near future given the budget limitations 🙂

Thanks a lot for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh ... single app subscription? Tough. Having AfterEffects and Audition also installed is a massive work-capability boost.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because I don't see it mentioned here, you should be putting cross dissolves on your audio cuts so that it doesn't pop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, Phillip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines