• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining large amount of video layers on one screen

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about the best way to carry out an effect of zooming out from multiple videos on the same screen.

Essentially I want to show a video on the screen, and zoom out to reveal multiple more videos, which when you zoom out completely, will show all of the videos combined to spell a word. Obviously this would require a huge amount of videos, and wouldn't be very feasible to render it, so I wonder what the best way to approach this is. (Alternatively this could be done with images, but the same issue would arise).

It's something I've seen before, for example when multiple videos create a mosaic or image of some sort, but I'm not sure how it's really done. 

Would love some feedback or advice on this. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

multiple videos create a mosaic or image of some sort

Sounds to me like a job for Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might be able to create a sequence with all the video clips and then drop that sequence in another sequence so you can zoom in and out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that After Effects would probably be the best place to do this. You can use a 3D camera or at least 3D layers for your videos/images and it might give you a better look - or at least achieve it more easily and naturally than trying to use Anchor Points or something in Premiere. And AE is probably going to be a lot more stable when trying to work with that many layers than Premiere would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines