• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining two video clips with synced audio.

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two version of a same song but they were performed on different tempos,

I would like to mix these two by speeding the audio on the slow one to match the beat to the other , then make a customized clip comprising both videos and audios.

Can I use marker to know how much exactly I need to speed up the slow audio clip instead of guessing percentage for Speed/Duration?

The videos also are different sizes , 16:9  and 4:3 .

I am pretty new to Premiere I didn't bite off  more than you can chew.

I would appreciate any help

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others may have alternate ways to do this - this is how I might tackle your situation.

Can't think of any fast and easy ways to match the tempos other than trial and error.

If you want to actually use the audio for the 'sped' up clip I'm not sure how natural that will sound but when you speed up the clip - though tick the 'maintain audio pitch' check box in the 'Speed/Duration' dialogue window. You could use markers as a guide to tempo and place the faster tempo clip above the slower one and then adjust the speed until the markers line up. You may find that over time you will still lose sync between clips anyway - just the nature of live performances.

If you are only using the slower tempo audio you may find, assuming the tempo is not too different, that you can edit in the 'faster' clip and not 'see' any serious sync issues. It does depend on how short your edits are.

As to mixing in 4x3 footage ... I'd probably scale the 4x3 so it fits the 16x9 frame and then use 'position' controls to move the frame down (or up) to get the best framing. Here's hoping your 4x3 footage has enough resolution to allow this.

Have you bitten off more than you can chew ... possibly 🙂

This is a potentially problematic edit on a number of fronts.

Hope this helps.

One more thing - choose 'optical flow' when changing the speed of the clip. This will 'smooth' out the frame rate. keep in mind this can introduce some picture artifacts ... but that's anther story. Optical flow will require you to render your sequence to see the end result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Steve,

I was hoping there was a way to snap the two markers from the two audios instead of eyeballing them, but that should be fine since this is for my own experience.

I will give it a try and let you know.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines