• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comparison view doesn't show comparisons

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever changes I make shows up on both sides. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

To do that, you can toggle on/off effects in the Effects Control panel.

The Comparison view is specifically for working to match frame to frame through a project, as you work to match the blacks, whites, contrast, saturation, and color from one clip to the next.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe more of your process so we know a little more information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comparison view is very simple.

The frame for image on the left of the Program monitor is chosen by the user with the controls right under that image in the program monitor. You can type a sequence time, use the slider, or the forward/back controls.

The frame for the right image is chosen by the user by the placement of the CTI or playhead on the sequence/timeline.

They must be from different clips. And only the right image should be selected on the timeline, not any mulitple clip selection.

Then when you hit "apply match" Premiere will analyze the image and do what it can with the Color Wheels to get close to the image on the left side.

Does this help? I'm wondering if you're using two spots on the same clip actually, or have mulitple clips selected.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was confused about the purpose of this feature.  I thought that I could view the same frame and see the changes. e.g. a frame of a tree and if I add some saturation, I'll see the changes on the right compared to the original frame on the left.

Premiere doesn't work this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do that, you can toggle on/off effects in the Effects Control panel.

The Comparison view is specifically for working to match frame to frame through a project, as you work to match the blacks, whites, contrast, saturation, and color from one clip to the next.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines