Highlighted

Complete Beginner with a simple question on V1 Tracks

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys, 

I'm Mark and I'm a complete novice here, but why do I see two "V1" icons at times on my main track and other times I only see one V1 icon.  Screenshots below.  Thank you! 

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Complete Beginner with a simple question on V1 Tracks

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys, 

I'm Mark and I'm a complete novice here, but why do I see two "V1" icons at times on my main track and other times I only see one V1 icon.  Screenshots below.  Thank you! 

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one on the left is your source track patching indicator and the one on the right is the sequence track. If you have a video clip loaded into your source monitor (left) then you will get a corresponding V1 patching icon at the left of the timeline. You can use this to determine which sequence tracks you want to edit your clip onto.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 2
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please embed your screenshots in your post using the 'Insert Photos' button so we don't have to download your screenshot file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 1
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mike said!

Try this to get a hang of it. Load a video clip into the source window, activate the source patching icon next to (say) video track three (V3), hit the period key and that clip will be inserted into your sequence in the V3 track where you currently have your timeline indicator. And if you have set in and out points to the clip ('i' and 'o' keys) in the source window first - only that part of the clip will be inserted into the sequence. The timeline indicator will also jump to the end of that clip ready for you to insert the next clip in the same way - quick and easy way to start assembling your edit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0