Highlighted

compress imported footage

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only started using Premiere Pro now. I have edited a few mp4-files in Rush. Now I want to import them to Premiere Pro and compress them since they're too big. How can I do that?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Joëlle Bh | Adobe Community Professional

Import the video to premiere then drag the video from the source panel to the timeline area so the sequence settings will be automatically matching your video settings then export it using the h264 setting and match source high bitrate as a preset then go down in the export page and make sure you're in the video tab then keep scrolling down and you will find the bitrate numbers so as much you minimize the number so the file will be smaller than it is .. if the frame rate of the clip is 60fps i recommend that you stick to 10 as a bitrate level and if it's 30 then you can go down to 5 but in both cases it's up to you how much you want to go low in the quality

TOPICS
Editing, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

compress imported footage

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only started using Premiere Pro now. I have edited a few mp4-files in Rush. Now I want to import them to Premiere Pro and compress them since they're too big. How can I do that?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Joëlle Bh | Adobe Community Professional

Import the video to premiere then drag the video from the source panel to the timeline area so the sequence settings will be automatically matching your video settings then export it using the h264 setting and match source high bitrate as a preset then go down in the export page and make sure you're in the video tab then keep scrolling down and you will find the bitrate numbers so as much you minimize the number so the file will be smaller than it is .. if the frame rate of the clip is 60fps i recommend that you stick to 10 as a bitrate level and if it's 30 then you can go down to 5 but in both cases it's up to you how much you want to go low in the quality

TOPICS
Editing, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 1
Jens5E0E LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Jens

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 1