Highlighted

Compressor and Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've been using Compressor to make proxies - becasue it's faster than media encoder on my iMac - however recently premiere has stopped recognisong the files. Has anyone had a similar issue?

I've attached file details. I suspect it relates to comrpessor updating to include some weird mac format (apcs) as default whihc other programmes can't recognise yet.

TOPICS
Editing, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Compressor and Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've been using Compressor to make proxies - becasue it's faster than media encoder on my iMac - however recently premiere has stopped recognisong the files. Has anyone had a similar issue?

I've attached file details. I suspect it relates to comrpessor updating to include some weird mac format (apcs) as default whihc other programmes can't recognise yet.

TOPICS
Editing, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apologies

Screenshot 2020-09-14 at 14.06.43.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 1
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might work:  try relinking the clips to the "proxies"  rather than attaching the proxies.  Then when you're ready to finish, relink to the camera original...  Of course, do a test with one or 2 clips to see if this works (relinking to the proxy and then back to the camera original).  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem in AE, I received some ProRes Proxies done in Compressor and they are not importing (error 86::1).
Since they are 4tb of video, I'd like to avoid re-encoding everything, is there a workaround?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might want to post this in the aftereffects forum...   but drop a file in to media info

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

and tell us the important stuff.  and what was the original format the proxies were made from?  and did the original format import into aftereffects without issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, problem is the same in Premiere so it fits also here.

Media was Apple ProRes 422 Proxy preset from Apple compressor.

I am already in touch with Adobe Support Team and already provided a reference media.

Seems that the problem is with a new header that Apple software puts into prores files.

Temporarily solved the problem re-encoding everything in Dnx from Resolve (which opened the same proxies without problems).

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for telling us what's been going on.  Sounds like apple, changing something that reduces compatability in nonapple programs...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

I ended up having to do the same thing except in Media Encoder. I was getting MXF files working out of  Compressor however. Hopefully Apple fix it soon!

Tom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0