• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computar Specs

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright so right now i am making a living as a video editor, while going to college. I just purchased a the new macbook air 2020 with strictly school in mind. I build a PC a few years ago, with an Intel i7, 32GB of DDR4 Ram,  and everything else i could possibly need to. run Premiere Flawlessly. I was thinking aboiut downloading adobe on my mac so i could work from the road a little... will my MacBook Air 2020 work ok for this? and will it mess up my Mac? I will have an external Hardrive so storage will not be an issue!

Thanks Guys

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is a new M1 powered MacBook Air - running current Adobe apps will have to be translated through 'Rosetta' that comes with the new M1 Macs. I've only heard one reviewer (so far) mention running Adobe apps on an M1 Mac (mini) with anecdotal sucess. 

So at this stage I don't know if it will work (Premiere pro). If it does I suspect there will be some issues.

But you have the Mac. Installing Premeire Pro will not mess it up. Even if it did - just uninstall.

So - go for it - live on the bleeding edge ... and report back how you go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines