Computer crash report

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a common problem , but none of the common solutions are working.  Everything has been running smooth on this video ive been editing for a client, but suddenly last week my adobe premiere will crash and ask to send a crash report.  ive done everything that youtube videos say to do and i did what the man who built my computer told me to do but still whithin a minute of opening the project, it still crashes.  any help would be appreciated.  so far ive updated my driver, ive changed my general adobe settings to software only, i make sure adobe is the only thing i have open while im on it, ive uninstalled premiere and reinstalled it, ive cleared all my hidden cache files, ive split the project into two different adobe projects in case the amount of footage was overwhelming the timeline.please if you have any solutions that i havent mentioned let me know. thanks guys! -JOE

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Computer crash report

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a common problem , but none of the common solutions are working.  Everything has been running smooth on this video ive been editing for a client, but suddenly last week my adobe premiere will crash and ask to send a crash report.  ive done everything that youtube videos say to do and i did what the man who built my computer told me to do but still whithin a minute of opening the project, it still crashes.  any help would be appreciated.  so far ive updated my driver, ive changed my general adobe settings to software only, i make sure adobe is the only thing i have open while im on it, ive uninstalled premiere and reinstalled it, ive cleared all my hidden cache files, ive split the project into two different adobe projects in case the amount of footage was overwhelming the timeline.please if you have any solutions that i havent mentioned let me know. thanks guys! -JOE

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe, You can try creating a new project and then use the IMPORT command from the FILE menu and import the original project into  it. Resetting user preferences to default and deleting all media cache files is a common way to get things going, is that what you have done?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive deleted all my cache files but havent reset my preferences. ill try that

and importing into a new project

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows and exactly which version of the operating system?

Have you had a computer update between working and not working?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10 and yes ive updated my windows and graphic driver

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0