Computer Screen Keeps Flashing Black on Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Pro on this computer for 5 months and I've never encountered this problem until today. My whole computer screen flickers on and off whenever I'm editing or playing a clip. I first discovered it while playing a .mov clip. Here's a video clip of what happens.

There's only a .mp4 and a .mp3 in the timeline. The audio still plays and the computer is still working. It's just my computer monitor. So far, I've encountered this issue while playing footage, moving things around the timeline, and editing text.

I'm using the newest version of Premiere Pro. I'm using a Dell Windows 10, Intel Core i5 with 12.0GB RAM. The computer is relatively new. I bought it 5 months ago.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for your trouble.

Possible reasons why this black screen happens is lack of comuter processing power.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a way I can fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card?

What graphics driver number?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try proxies as suggested previously.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried that but it didn't fix the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar problem on occasion, though the blackouts are shorter duration. Mine effects the computer in general and isn't related to software. It happened when I added a second monitor and switched from the single DVI cable to Display Port cables. I bought an 8k Display Port cable six weeks ago, thinking I'd replace one of the lesser cables - the one to my main monitor, but lately it's been happening less, so I haven't bothered. It still happens though, especially towards mid-day, when the computer has slept a few times. It caused me to look for graphics cards where my eyes were seared shut when I found out what they were selling for currently!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines