Highlighted

Conflict in timecode from Premiere sequence to quicktime file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm editing a sequence at 23.98 and duration is suppose to be 42:00 content.  

I ouput from premiere via encoder and add burn in. If i bring that quicktime file back into Premiere, the burn in and timecode match and the duration is correct.  But....if I view it in Quicktime or upload to frame io, the duration is no longer 42:00 but is 42:03 in Quicktime and 42:02 in frame Io.  I'm attaching info from the reimported file back into Premiere, and also an image of the end of it in quicktime which shows burn-in not matching the Quicktime position.

What is going on?

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Conflict in timecode from Premiere sequence to quicktime file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm editing a sequence at 23.98 and duration is suppose to be 42:00 content.  

I ouput from premiere via encoder and add burn in. If i bring that quicktime file back into Premiere, the burn in and timecode match and the duration is correct.  But....if I view it in Quicktime or upload to frame io, the duration is no longer 42:00 but is 42:03 in Quicktime and 42:02 in frame Io.  I'm attaching info from the reimported file back into Premiere, and also an image of the end of it in quicktime which shows burn-in not matching the Quicktime position.

What is going on?

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
MyerPj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Something somewhere sounds like variable frame rate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0