Highlighted

Consolidate & Transcode - proxy copy BUG!

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I go to consolidate & transcode a sequence why does PP insist on transcoding and copying every proxy file the project has created (in their entirety) regardless of wether it was used in the sequence? I would almost understand copying the proxies that are used in the sequence - although there should be a checkbox for that option. And I could (almost) forgive those proxies being copied completely rather than just handles (maybe the code to consolidate proxies and still keep them synced is too hard to manage) But everything? EVERY SINGLE PROXY FILE? That clearly is a major bug. And it's not just related to this project. It has been happening since I started working with Premiere on multiple projects all year.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Consolidate & Transcode - proxy copy BUG!

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I go to consolidate & transcode a sequence why does PP insist on transcoding and copying every proxy file the project has created (in their entirety) regardless of wether it was used in the sequence? I would almost understand copying the proxies that are used in the sequence - although there should be a checkbox for that option. And I could (almost) forgive those proxies being copied completely rather than just handles (maybe the code to consolidate proxies and still keep them synced is too hard to manage) But everything? EVERY SINGLE PROXY FILE? That clearly is a major bug. And it's not just related to this project. It has been happening since I started working with Premiere on multiple projects all year.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears you're right - unreferenced clips have their proxies copied/transcoded. It doesn't particularly surprise me, the project manager is buggy and has lots of quirks. You could temporarily detach your proxies before opening the project manager: of course only really viable if you don't want to copy any proxies (otherwise you would have to detach only clips you don't want, which may not be obvious). Not ideal but it seems to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0