• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Consolidate and transcode no longer works for formats other than Pro Res?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I work with timelines that consistently feature a wide variety of different clip properties (framerate, dimensions, format, etc).

In the past, using Project Manager after I finish a project has never been an issue, as virtually all clips would trim, consolidate and transcode appropriately minus a few exceptions. This worked with MPEG4, H264, and M4V files of all different sizes and framerates. 

Now however, and I've noticed this for awhile, almost every single type of file format fails to consolidate and transcode, with I'd say 95% of the clips just being copied over.

I've always used the same settings seen in the attached image: Individual clips as the source & Pro Ress 422 as my preset. The only things I change occasionally, depending on the project, is Alpha & Image sequence options. 

I've done countless tests and the ONLY way I could get non-Pro Res clips to trim and transcode properly....was to transcode them to Pro Res prior to bringing them into Premiere, which of course is very counterproductive. 

For example, I took a clip that was an H264 and MPEG4, and despite creating a sequence that matched every property exactly (Framerate, size, audio channels), the only way I could get it to work was to convert it into a Pro Res clip first. 

So has Premiere changed which file formats work for the project manager, or am I just crazy? If so, what's the point of this and is there any workaround? 

Truly appreciate any insight!

Mark

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?