• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant Hanging! Premiere Pro problems or Windows 10? Can't decide

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things I've noticed, which make using Premiere kind of unbearable, as you don't know when it will decide to stop working.

1. Occasionally, and at random, if I decide to import files using double click on project bin (rather than right click), Premiere hangs and stops responding, which forces me to restart app. (I was also working in the timeline and Premiere hung as I tried to click on something, which prompted me to visit these forums).

2. Timeline was not showing Playhead as I scrubbed through, even though the monitor was showing that I was scrubbing through using my mouse. Very annoying because restarting app or even windows did nothing. (I did solve it by resizing the workspace, which "reset" it and the playhead was back)

3. Importing a sequence or a project into an open project doesn't seem to work anymore. You do have the option of opening two projects at the same time, then copying and pasting all the stuff into the new project, but that is an extra step that wasn't necessary before.

The first problem is the most annoying, as I am constantly getting disrupted during my workflow. Is this an app problem, a windows 10 problem, or both? HELP! And thanks for reading.

System specs:

Win 10 Pro

i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz

SSD main drive

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.0.1 (Build 69)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

I‘ve worked with Premiere/Windows 10 on several machines and haven’t run in to the technical issues that you have. You may want to try-set Preferences by holding down ctrl/alt/shift while the app is opening. How much Ram do you have in your system? Are your assets on a 2nd drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‘ve worked with Premiere/Windows 10 on several machines and haven’t run in to the technical issues that you have. You may want to try-set Preferences by holding down ctrl/alt/shift while the app is opening. How much Ram do you have in your system? Are your assets on a 2nd drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16GB RAM, all assets on main SSD drive. I'm leaning towards this being more of a Win10 issue since the PC also does randomly crash and restart. I just updated firmware on SSD drive and seeing if this will solve the problem. I'll let you know. I've been using premiere since firmware update without any bumps so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did this work? i'm having similar problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck! I strongly recommend having your videos and other assets  (videos, music, pics, etc.) on a second stand alone drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the advice, sir. I do have an onboard secondary HDD I use mainly for backup before pushing it out to externals, but I'll start using it for editing as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines