Constant sound corruption

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've been having an incredibly stressful time working with Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 over the past few weeks. Before I upgraded to a new laptop, I used the 2017 which worked like a charm, but unfortunately Adobe has removed most of the old versions of the software, so I decided to go with the most recent version, 2020. Surely the most recent version would be better?

My problem is two things, the first being that one audio file (a music track) in particular will load without any sound, with an error stating that Premiere can't locate/access the file. However this is sorted by deleting all media cache before loading the project. A mild inconvenience for sure, but nothing I can't work with.

The main problem I face is the second one however. I'm working on a stop motion short film you see, so because it's animation I'm doing the sound design from scratch, which means a lot of individual sound files. The project is currently 8 and-a-half minutes long, so as you can imagine there are A LOT of short sound files to sift through.

For some reason out of the blue around two weeks ago, a random sound file would become corrupted. These are all very brief sound effects, and when corrupted they'll lower the pitch and cut off too early. As far as I know this happens to the files one-at-a-time, 

Like the first problem, this could be sorted deleting all media cache before loading, sometimes I will have to do this twice. The infuriating thing however, is that whenever I fix one of them, the next time I load the project ANOTHER one will be corrupted. It's gotten to the point where it's like playing an infinite game of whack-a-mole with sorting out these sound files.

(The audio files being corrupted are MP3 files as well, and as far as I know they seem to be from the same site: Zapsplat. When I play the original files they sound fine, it seems to be Premiere itself that is messing them up).

Sorry this is so long, but I've needed to get this issue off my chest as it's getting ridiculous now. Any help to sort this problem out would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay now most of the sound effects are corrupted. If I ever complete this project then I'm going to find a different software to use in future (I've heard Sony Vegas is good). The fact Adobe has removed all older versions of the software is a joke.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines